Our First Church 1927 – 1929
The seed was planted here. Sunday School services were held on March 27, 1927, and the first worship service was held on Palm Sunday, April 10, 1927. The building was small and the group was small, both the power of the Holy Spirit was great. Two years later a move was made to Linden and Highview to what was affectionately called the “basement church.” …and grow we did, both spiritually and in number. 1946 – 88 members, 1947 – 97 members and in 1950 – 158 members
February 12, 1950 a new church building was dedicated. However our growth showed a need for larger facilities and ground was purchased at Linden and Shelbourne for a future site. In 1970 this mortgage was burned and plans were made to build a new house of worship. Membership in 1966 was 498.
Our Present Church
Ground breaking was on October 24, 1971. In the fall of 1973 the new house of worship at Linden and Shelbourne was dedicated to the glory of God. The present membership is 700.
~Sola deo Gloria!
Please contact our Church Historian if you have a story to tell or pictures related to the history of Holy Nativity Lutheran Church. Click here to contact our Church Historian.
Latest Sermon: Christmas Eve - December 24, 2012Download Latest Sermon