The Most Essential Need for Building Fellowship
Sermon prepared by the Holy Spirit and Pastor Andrew T. Okai
Fourth Sunday after Epiphany
January 28, 2018
Sermon theme: The Most Essential Need for Building Fellowship
Sermon text: Deuteronomy 18:20
Grace, mercy, and peace...
For the past two weeks we have been dealing with the importance of our fellowship with God—we said that God establishes relationships with us to build fellowship. The importance of relationship building is that it changes our perspectives, which also leads to shifting priorities.
In our readings today God talks about the most essential need for building fellowship. He reveals that the most essential need is the word of God (the Bible).
One of the things that two mutual friends do in fellowship is share intimate life experiences with each other. This is what God seeks to do with us.
There is also the issue of rank in friendships: the one who is less fortunate will always look up to the one who is more fortunate. In this context, God is the more fortunate one.
- He been around for longer than we can imagine—Omnipresence
- He created all that is seen and unseen—Omniscience
- He owns all things
- He has authority over all—Omnipotence
Why His word is an essential tool for fellowship building in this relationship
- It is an eternal declaration—The word of God cannot be destroyed.
- It is a spiritual foundation—There are spiritual storms on this journey; God wants us so strong in our faith that when these storms come they meet equal resistance.
- It is a sanctified precision—Benefits of sanctification
- Glorification of our Father