Living in the Mercies of God
Sermon prepared by the Holy Spirit and Pastor Andrew T. Okai
15th Sunday after Pentecost
September 17, 2017
Sermon text: Matthew 18:21–35
Sermon Theme: Living in the Mercies of God
How do you feel when you come across someone who is in need when you realize that you are not able to help?
One of the things we do with our income is budget it to last until the next paycheck comes. So it is with God. It is his job to make sure that we have enough mercy to go through daily.
The mercies of God are intended for two reasons:
- To keep us in right standing with God
- To keep us in right standing with each other
The magnitude of the debt
- God says that the ransom for sin cannot be paid using earthly possessions.
- We either fall at the mercy of the master, or we become a slave to someone else.
- This is the magnitude of the debt we owe.
The mercy of the master
The mercilessness of the man